You may read the recipe for this Upside Dawn Beer Bread and think it’s missing a few ingredients. Believe it or not, this bread doesn’t need yeast, the carbonation in the Athletic Brew beer allows the dough to rise. Aside from being dayyyummm good, Athletic Brew non-alcoholic beer is extremely versatile and is amazing for using as an ingredient in recipes like this one.
The grocery list.
- All purpose flour – Bread recipes don’t always use bread flour, sometimes all purpose flour is a better fit, depending on what you’re making.
- Baking powder – While the beer is the main rising agent in this bread, the baking powder gives the dough a little extra boost and will make your final product less dense.
- Kosher salt – This bread doesn’t need too much salt, but a little helps add flavor to the bread.
- Honey – The honey adds a bit of sweetness to this bread.
- Olive oil – The olive oil will not only be used to grease the pan, but will make the bread moist and delicious.
- Athletic Brew Upside Dawn beer – You’d be surprised at how versatile beer is when used in cooking and baking. In this Upside Dawn Beer Bread recipe, the non-alcoholic Athletic Brew beer acts as a rising agent in the dough.
- Salted butter – Slice this bread while it’s still hot and spread some delicious, salty butter on it for the best snack!
Athletic Brew non-alcoholic craft beer is for anyone who enjoys the taste of craft beer but doesn’t feel like dealing with the consequences. Keep your healthy habits in check while enjoying a delicious craft beer!
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
To a large mixing bowl add the flour, baking powder and salt. Next, add the honey, 3 tablespoons of olive oil and the beer. Mix with a wooden spoon until just combined. It will be clumpy.
Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a loaf pan and coat the bottom and edges.
Pour the batter into the greased pan. Top the bread batter with slices of cold butter. Adding slices of cold butter to the top of your loaf will create steam and will allow splits to develop in the top of the loaf. It will also make your bread flaky and delicious.
Place the beer bread into the preheated oven and bake for 40-50 minutes until golden.
Remove the loaf from the oven and cool for 10 minutes in the pan before removing. Allow the bread to cool for an additional 10 minutes on a wire rack before slicing and serving.
What to serve with Beer Bread?
This beer bread recipe is not only simple to prepare with a short list of ingredients and easy steps, but it makes for a great addition to any meal. Here are a few ideas:
For breakfast, I suggest buttering each side of a slice of beer bread and toasting it griddle style on a cast iron skillet (or regular skillet) for 2-3 minutes a side. Toast the buttered beer bread until each side is golden. Best to be done on low/medium heat. Serve alongside scrambled eggs, bacon and a side of fruit. Another option would be to serve this beer bread along side SUNDAY BRUNCH SHAKSHUKA. Always nice to have something to dip into this dayummm good sauce.
For lunch, we are typically reheating dinner leftovers so the below “dinner” section is what I’d reference here.
For dinner, this beer bread makes the perfect companion to stews, soups and chilis. Here are a two of my favorite options. Entertaining a crowd or meal prepping for a busy week? This PRESSURE COOKER POT ROAST is easy to follow and lends to a delicious broth for dipping Upside Dawn Beer Bread into. The winning chili in our house is this CHOURIÇO PUMPKIN CHILI BOWLS. The recipe also comes with a spicy cornbread side but you could easy swap that side for this beer bread and have an amazing meal, with plenty of leftover for lunch.
Looking for more Athletic Brew recipes?
Here are a few to try:
Lastly, if you make this Upside Dawn Beer Bread recipe, be sure to leave a comment! Above all, I love to hear from ya’ll and do my best to respond to every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to snap a pic and tag me on Instagram! Looking through the photos of your dayyyummm good recreations is my favorite!
This post contains affiliate links that will not change your price but will share some commission.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- To a large mixing bowl add the flour, baking powder and salt. Next, add the honey, 3 tablespoons of olive oil and the beer. Mix with a wooden spoon until just combined. It will be clumpy.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a loaf pan and coat the bottom and edges.
- Pour the batter into the greased pan. Top the bread batter with slices of cold butter. Place the beer bread into the preheated oven and bake for 40-50 minutes until golden.
- Remove the loaf from the oven and cool for 10 minutes in the pan before removing. Allow the bread to cool for an additional 10 minutes on a wire rack before slicing and serving.