Traeger Grills Smoked Brisket is a labor of love. What is better than low and slow, melt-in-your-mouth Smoked Brisket? Answer: NOTHING!
- 1 12-14 pound whole brisket, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- Preheat the Traeger Grill to 225°F.
- Generously season the brisket with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Place the brisket directly on the grill grates and close the lid. Smoke until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (roughly 5-7 hours).
- Roll out a large piece of butcher paper (or heavy-duty foil). Place the brisket in the center of the paper, roll the edge up and fold down to create a leak-proof seal. Return the brisket to the smoker, place it seam-side down and allow the weight of the brisket to keep the fold closed.
- Continue smoking at 225°F until the internal temperature reaches 204°F (roughly 3-5 hours).
- Remove the brisket from the smoker and place on a large cutting board to rest for 30-60 minutes.
- Cut the brisket abasing the grain. Serve as is or with your favorite Traeger Grills BBQ sauce.
If you're working with a smaller brisket, simply decrease the amount of seasoning. The cook times will only vary slightly but on average it should take around 11-13 hours to reach the finish temperature even if you're working with a 6-pound brisket.