- 2 pie dough sheets, rolled to 1/4” thick rectangles
- 1/4 cup almond meal (optional)
- 1 cup pumpkin butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup maple butter
- 3 slices black forrest bacon, cooked and chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Place one rolled out sheet of dough onto the parchment paper. Sprinkle with almond meal (this helps soak up any excess moisture).
- Pour the pumpkin butter onto the base crust and evenly distribute, leaving a 1 inch border.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg. Brush the egg along the edges of the pie crust. Gently lift the other pie dough on top of the filling and use a fork to press down and seal the edges. Cut off any execs dough as needed.
- Brush the top of the pie dough with the remaining egg wash. Sprinkle the edges with raw sugar and poke 12-15 holes in the top with a fork to release steam while baking.
- Place the baking sheet pie in the lower third of the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden.
- Remove the pie from the oven and cool for 10-15 minutes before glazing.
- Once the sheet pan pie has cooled, spoon or brush the maple butter over the top of pie. Sprinkle with the finely chopped pieces of bacon, slice and serve.