During a busy week when you’re looking for something DAYUMMM good and easy, treat yourself to these AirCrisp French Toast Sticks drizzled with warm lemon blueberries and maple syrup. Not only is this recipe clutch for a busy week but it’s the perfect weekend brunch treat. Delicately crispy on the outside, pillowy and fluffy on the inside: exactly as this timeless breakfast food should be. These french toast sticks are fun to play with and to eat! I’ve given you savory lunch and dinner AirFryer recipes, now here’s a sweet breakfast treat that you can make in your AirCrisp!
The grocery list.
- Challah bread – A simple but delicious bread, challah is soft and spongy. This absorbent bread is ideal for making french toast.
- Eggs – Eggs are what makes french toast so delicious! Soak your sliced challah in an egg mixture to get french toast that are slightly crispy on the outside with a soft interior.
- Heavy cream – You could use milk instead, but heavy cream will make your AirCrisp French Toast Sticks even richer and more tender.
- Pure vanilla extract – This will add a subtle vanilla flavor to you french toast.
- Cinnamon – I love french toast that’s coated in cinnamon, it pairs so well with maple syrup.
- Granulated sugar – Granulated sugar will add sweetness and a slight texture to your french toast sticks.
- Blueberries – Fresh blueberries will work best in this recipe. If you only have frozen available, follow the same process, but drain some of the liquid from them after microwaving them for 1 minute and ensure that they are slightly softened and not still frozen.
- Lemon juice – Aside from being a great quick AirFryer recipe, warm lemon blueberries make this recipe unique from other french toasts.
- Maple syrup – I like to use good quality local maple syrup, which is easy to find in Vermont!
To start making your AirCrisp French Toast Sticks, cut the challah bread into 1” thick sticks (perfect for dunking in syrup!).
In a large shallow dish, make the egg mixture to dip your challah in. Whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, vanilla extract and 1 tablespoon of cinnamon.
In a separate small bowl, make a cinnamon and sugar mixture to sprinkle onto your french toast by combining the remaining tablespoon of cinnamon and the 1/4 cup of granulated sugar. This will add texture and sweetness to your dish.
Preheat the Ninja Foodi AirCrisp to 375°F.
You likely won’t be able to fit all your french toast sticks into the AirFryer, so work in batches. Dip 5-7 sticks of challah into the egg mixture. Lay them on a baking sheet and lightly sprinkle the skicks with a few pinches of the cinnamon sugar mixture. Place the coated challah bread sticks into the basket of the Ninja Foodi and cook them for 7-9 minutes until they’re crisp and golden.
Repeat this process with the remaining bread sticks, egg mixture and cinnamon sugar mixture. This will likely take 2-3 more batches.
The lemon blueberries.
To make your lemon and blueberries, place the blueberries in a microwave safe bowl and microwave them for 1 minute. Toss and microwave for an additional 30 seconds. If you use frozen blueberries, drain the liquid from the bowl. Make sure they’re not still frozen, they may need additional time in the microwave.
Remove the softened blueberries from the microwave and add the lemon juice. Toss the two ingredients together and set aside until you’re ready to serve your french toast.
Top your AirCrisp French Toast Sticks with the warmed lemon blueberries. Drizzle your french toast sticks with maple syrup or dunk them to feel like a kid again!
These are a great recipe to make ahead and freeze when you want a quick breakfast or snack! After following the recipe, allow your french toast sticks to cool before placing them in the freezer. Lay them on a baking sheet in a single layer and freeze for 30 minutes. Once slightly frozen, move the sticks to a freezer bag for more convenient storage.
When you’re ready to enjoy these AirCrisp French Toast Sticks again, simply reheat them in the AirCrisp at 400°F for 3-4 minutes. Freezer friendly and great for prep! The lemon blueberries can be refrigerated for a few days and reheated in the microwave for 30 seconds.
Looking for more sweet breakfast recipes?
Here are a few to try:
Lastly, if you make this AirCrisp French Toast with Lemon Blueberries recipe, be sure to leave a comment! Above all, I love to hear from ya’ll and do my best to respond to every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to snap a pic and tag me on Instagram! Looking through the photos of your dayyyummm good recreations is my favorite!
This post contains affiliate links that will not change your price but will share some commission.
- To start, cut the challah bread into 1” thick sticks.
- In a large shallow dish, whisk the eggs, heavy cream, vanilla extract and 1 tablespoon of cinnamon.
- In a separate small bowl combine the remaining tablespoon of cinnamon and the ¼ cup of granulated sugar.
- Preheat the Ninja Foodi AirCrisp to 375°F.
- Working in batches, dip 5-7 sticks of challah into the egg mixture. Lay on a baking sheet and sprinkle the sticks with a few pinches of the cinnamon/sugar mixture. Place the dipped challah bread into the basket of the Ninja Foodi and cook for 7-9 minutes until crisp and golden.
- Repeat with the remaining bread, egg mixture and cinnamon / sugar in 2-3 more batches.
- Place the blueberries in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute. Toss and microwave for an additional 30 seconds. Remove the softened blueberries from the microwave and add the lemon juice. Toss and set aside until ready to serve.
- Top the french toast sticks with the warmed lemon blueberries and drizzle or dunk in maple syrup.
The number for sticks depends on the size of your challah bread. **These can be frozen and reheated in the AirCrisp at 400 for 3-4 minutes.