Top your salad or sandwich with these Quick Pickled Shallots for a bit of tang and some crunch! Have some shallots that you want to use but don’t know what for? Take just a few minutes to pickle them, and now you have a sweet and acidic treat to top alllll your savory meals with.
The grocery list.
- Shallots – As someone that hates wasting food, it’s so frustrating to me when you need something for a recipe, but you only end up using a little bit of it and then the rest gets wasted. This is especially annoying when the ingredient is produce, because you can’t necessarily save it and use it in the future, since it probably won’t last more than a week. One solution is to pickle the leftover vegetable!
- Red wine vinegar – Vinegar is necessary for pickling because of its acidity.
- Honey (or granulated sugar) – Shallots are a bit sweet, so the honey will enhance the sweetness a bit.
- Kosher salt – Kosher salt is perfect for pickling because it comes without any additives.
- Red pepper flakes – These are optional for if you want to add a little bit of spice to your Quick Pickled Shallots.
These are called Quick Pickled Shallots for a reason! All you need is a mason jar and all your tasty ingredients from the grocery list. Place all the ingredients in a mason jar, seal it tightly and shake! Allow the shallots to sit in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before you use them.
You can store your Quick Pickled Shallots in the refrigerator for 5-7 days.
Looking for more quick recipes?
Here are a few to try:
Lastly, if you make this Quick Pickled Shallots recipe, be sure to leave a comment! Above all, I love to hear from ya’ll and do my best to respond to every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to snap a pic and tag me on Instagram! Looking through the photos of your dayyyummm good recreations is my favorite!
This post contains affiliate links that will not change your price but will share some commission.
- Place all ingredients in a mason jar, seal and shake. Allow the shallots to sit in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before using. Store in the refrigerator for 1-2 weeks.