Stay fresh with this citrus-filled Grapefruit & Avocado Salad! Have you ever seen a dish more bright and colorful? With a base of tangy grapefruit and creamy avocado, this salad’s powerful and refreshing flavors come from the herbs and are enhanced by the simple and easy dressing. Grapefruit is possibly the most underrated fruit! This salad is for both lovers and haters of this pink produce: if you’re a fan of grapefruit, you’ll love it even more! If you’re a hater, prepare to be converted. The avocado softens the sourness of the grapefruit and the lime juice dressing emboldens the citrus flavor. That delightful citrus punch is the essence of this salad and what is behind the rejuvenation your tastebuds will receive upon each bite!
The grocery list.
- Grapefruits – A criminally underrated fruit, grapefruits are the base of this salad.
- Avocados – Subtle in flavor and creamy in texture, yum!
- Green onions – Green onions add a lovely crunch to this salad!
- Cilantro – The fresh herbs in this salad add so much flavor, you only need to add a simple dressing of oil and lime juice.
- Fresh mint – Great to add to sweet or savory recipes and easy to grow on your own!
- Lime zest – Lime zest is more concentrated than lime juice, which means its flavor is more intense.
- Red pepper flakes – Adding red pepper flakes will add a slight kick to your salad.
- Lime juice – The lime juice dressing for this salad will complement the citrus flavor of the grapefruit.
- Olive oil – This salad is already so flavorful, olive oil is one of the two dressing ingredients.
- Flaky salt – I love sprinkling flaky salt over dishes before serving them. It’s perfectly pinchable, which makes it easy for you to add it to anything and everything!
This salad can be prepared right in a serving dish! Combine the grapefruit segments, cubed avocado, chopped green onions, cilantro, mint, lime zest and red pepper flakes in a large serving dish.
This Grapefruit & Avocado Salad has a very simple dressing of just lime juice and olive oil. In a small bowl, whisk the two ingredients together. Pour the dressing over the grapefruit and avocado mixture. Chill until you’re ready to serve your salad! Sprinkle flaky salt over your Grapefruit & Avocado Salad to enhance the flavors of your dish.
To store this Grapefruit & Avocado Salad, put it in an airtight container and place in the refrigerator. Despite the lime juice in this recipe, the avocado will still likely turn brown if left in the fridge for any extended period of time, but don’t worry! Brown avocado doesn’t mean it has gone bad. It’ll still taste just as delicious in your salad! This salad can be stored in the fridge for no more than a few days.
Looking for more fruity salads?
Here are a few to try:
Lastly, if you make this Grapefruit & Avocado Salad recipe, be sure to leave a comment! Above all, I love to hear from ya’ll and do my best to respond to every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to snap a pic and tag me on Instagram! Looking through the photos of your dayyyummm good recreations is my favorite!
This post contains affiliate links that will not change your price but will share some commission.
- Combine the grapefruit, avocado, green onions, cilantro, mint, lime zest and red pepper flakes in a large serving dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk the lime juice and olive oil together. Pour the dressing over the grapefruit and avocado mixture. Chill until ready to serve. Sprinkle flaky salt over and serve.