- 2 eggs, separated
- 8 oz ricotta
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup eggnog
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of kosher salt
- In a small bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks, about 5 mins. In separate large bowl, whisk egg yolks, ricotta, buttermilk and eggnog.
- To the large bowl with yolks, add the flour, baking soda and salt. Mix until combined.
- Working in batches, fold in the beaten egg whites gently not to deflate.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Coat the skillet with butter. Using a 1/4 cup, scoop dollops of the batter onto the hot skillet, cook 1-2 minutes until bubbles appear. Flip and cook additional 1-2 mins.
- Serve the pancakes topped with bacon butter and syrup.
Bacon butter: 4 slices cooked bacon, chopped + 6 tablespoons unsalted soft butter + 1 tablespoons maple syrup