This is how we start most of our mornings, with a big plate of Cheesy Scramble with Bacon & Berries. It gives you everything you want and need to start the day off on the right foot. Fluffy and cheesy eggs, crispy baked bacon, smooth ripe avocado and a ripe juicy fruit. Savory and salty with a touch of sweetness. Filling and satiating. Protein packed and hearty yet light enough to jumpstart the day and not weigh you down.
The grocery list:
Luckily for us, these ingredients are staples in our fridge and hopefully you begin to make this breakfast that they become staples in your home too!
- Bacon– Our favorite is Black Forest bacon from Trader Joe’s but anything that is a little more thick-cut is always a go-to.
- Salted butter — Salted butter is the only butter we keep stocked at our house, it’s my favorite way to add a little extra flavor kick to the morning scramble.
- Eggs — The fresher the better!
- Sharp cheddar — This is our favorite cheese for every day eating. It’s tangy and flavorful and melts well into these eggs. Feel free to swap out for whatever cheese is the house favorite.
- Avocado — Rich of antioxidants, smooth in flavor and texture and the perfect richness to your morning spread.
- Everything bagel seasoning — A pop of aromatic flavor brighten up a simple ingredient like avocado.
- Blackberries — Easily swap these blackberries for blueberries, raspberries or whatever fruit is best fitted for this morning.
Looking for more breakfast ideas?
Here are a few to try:
Lastly, if you make this Cheesy Scramble with Bacon & Berries recipe, be sure to leave a comment! Above all, I love to hear from ya’ll and do my best to respond to every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to snap a pic and tag me on Instagram! Looking through the photos of your dayyyummm good recreations is my favorite!
This post contains affiliate links that will not change your price but will share some commission.
- Prepare the bacon by following these simple steps, CRISPY SHEET PAN BACON.
- Heat a non-stick-skillet over medium heat. Add the butter to the pan and allow it to melt.
- Crack the eggs into a medium bowl and whisk for 1 minutes until bubbly. Pour the eggs into the skillet and cook for 3-5 minutes, pushing around to scramble until just set. Add the cheese to the skillet and toss with the eggs to combine. Remove from the heat.
- To serve, divided the cheesy eggs among two plates. Add half an avocado to each plate and sprinkle with everything bagel seasoning.
- To each plate, add 3 slices of crispy sheet pan bacon and a handful of blackberries and enjoy!