This Apple Butter Bacon Toast w/ Cheddar & Arugula is all the flavors of a holiday charcuterie board on toast. Seasonal flavors to start the day!
The grocery list.
- Sourdough, toasted – I love sourdough. If your lockdown-induced bread kick is still going strong, make your own!
- Apple butter – This Slow Cooker Apple Butter recipe is super easy and a perfect addition to your fall breakfasts.
- Black Forrest Bacon, cooked – My recipe for Crispy Sheet Pan Bacon is my perfected bacon-cooking method. I tried and tested every way to make the best bacon so you wouldn’t have to.
- Arugula – Arugula adds a nice spice and a fresh crunch to this breakfast toast.
- Sharp cheddar cheese, shredded – The tartness of the sharp cheddar cheese is a tasty contrast to the sweet apple butter.
Make the Slow Cooker Apple Butter ahead of time. The beauty of slow cooker recipes is you can just toss all of the ingredients in the device and let it do its thing! You could always buy apple butter at the store if you don’t want to make your own, but I can guarantee it just won’t be as good.
Cook your bacon.
Preheat the oven to high broil. On a baking sheet, lay the toasted sourdough. Spread the toast with apple butter. Lay the strips of cooked bacon on top. Sprinkle a handful of arugula and cover with shredded cheese.
Broil for 3-5 minutes until the cheese is melted.
Looking for more toast recipes?
Here are a few to try:
Lastly, if you make this Apple Butter Bacon Toast recipe, be sure to leave a comment! Above all, I love to hear from ya’ll and do my best to respond to every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to snap a pic and tag me on Instagram! Looking through the photos of your dayyyummm good recreations is my favorite!
This post contains affiliate links that will not change your price but will share some commission.
- 4 sliced sourdough, toasted
- 4 tablespoons apple butter
- 4 slices Black Forrest Bacon, cooked
- handful arugula
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven to high broil. On a baking sheet, lay the toasted sourdough.
- Spread the toast with apple butter. Lay the strips of bacon on top. Sprinkle a handful of arugula and cover with shredded cheese.
- Broil for 3-5 minutes until the cheese is melted.