These Halloween “Little Green Men” Beer Brownies kind of look like the little green men alien toys from Toy Story (The Claw!). I’m rolling with it! These Athletic Brew ALL OUT Stout Beer brownies with chocolate chunks, green Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and speckled with purple M&Ms are perfect for Halloween. Another recipe that ended up SO CUTE instead of spooky. Oh well!
The grocery list.
- All Out Stout Athletic Brew – This non-alcoholic beer is packed with flavor. It has notes of delicate coffee and bittersweet chocolate, which allows it to blend perfectly into this “Little Green Men” Beer Brownies Recipe!
- Olive oil – Instead of butter, I used olive oil in this dish. It’ll make your brownies super moist.
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips – I think semi-sweet chocolate is perfect for brownies. The candy on top make these brownies super sweet, so you don’t need much added sweetness in the brownies themselves.
- Granulated sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Espresso powder – This adds a little bit of a kick to your brownies and deepens their flavor. You can leave this out if you don’t want hyper little monsters running around your Halloweeen party!
- Salt – You know the drill by now, always add salt to sweets, it enhances the flavors!
- Baking powder – Baking powder will make your brownies fudgy.
- All-purpose flour
- Unsweetened cocoa powder – Unsweetened is key! You don’t want overly-sweet brownies.
- Dark chocolate bar – I love the addition of chocolate chunks in these brownies, it adds flavor and texture.
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups Milk Chocolate with Green Colored Cream – If you’re like me, you didn’t know these existed until this recipe.
- Purple M&Ms – A spooky addition to the top of these brownies.
- Candy eyes – Your Little Green Men need eyes!
First, Add the beer to a small saucepan and boil until it reduces. Reducing the beer evaporates some of the liquid and concentrates the flavors of the Athletic Brew. This will take about 20 minutes. Keep a close eye on it to make sure it doesn’t boil over.
Preheat the oven to 350°F and line an 8×8 brownie pan with parchment paper. The pan can be metal, glass or ceramic. As long as it’s the correct dimensions and deep enough for the brownies, you’re good to go!
Second, in a microwave-safe bowl, combine the oil and semi-sweet chocolate chips and microwave in 15 second intervals (stirring every 30 seconds) until the mixture is melted and smooth.
If you don’t have a microwave, heat the oil and semi-sweet chocolate on LOW in a small saucepan on the stove. Stir constantly until the chocolate is fully melted and smooth. Next, stir in the sugar, vanilla, espresso powder and beer concentrate (reduced beer).
In a separate small bowl, whisk the eggs vigorously for 1 minutes until they’re bubbly. Pour the whisked eggs into the chocolate beer mixture.
To your mixture, add the salt, baking powder, flour and cocoa powder and stir until just combined. Overmixing the brownie batter will result in tough brownies, and here, we like our brownies chewy and gooey! Add the chopped dark chocolate .
Evenly spread the brownie batter mixture into the parchment-lined baking pan. Place the green Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups (green side up) into the batter and sprinkle the purple M&Ms around.
Lastly, bake for 28-30 minutes or until the brownies are just set. You can also stick a toothpick or knife into the center of the brownies and if it comes out clean without any brownie batter stuck to it, your brownies are done! Don’t stick it into any part that has chocolate chunks, though, because then your knife will be covered in melted chocolate and you won’t be able to tell if the brownies are set.
Remove the pan from the oven and place the candy eyes into the green peanut butter cups. Let your “Little Green Men” Beer Brownies cool for 20 minutes before slicing.
All the flavor, none of the booze.
My absolute favorite brand of non-alcoholic craft beers. Enjoy a delicious craft beer without sacrificing healthy habits. These are great for sipping or to add to recipes like this one! We struck gold when we found Athletic Brewing Co. craft beers. Mat has been sober since he was 17 and for the longest time the NA beer market was slim pickings. I’ve always been a fan of craft beers, the options are endless up in Vermont and I loved sampling all the offerings. When I came across Athletic Brewing Non-Alcoholic Beers, I was so excited for Mat to taste them and experience good craft beers!
While I drink on occasion, my biggest hold up is the after effects. I enjoy a glass of wine or a beer every now and again but it’s hard to reason with breaking a good streak of eating clean or sacrificing a good night sleep. I’ve put the work in when I’m training, I pay attention to the foods I’m eating and it just feels silly to throw out that effort over an evening cocktail. With these Athletic Brewing Co. beers I don’t feel like I’m sacrificing. I’m enjoying a delicious craft beer AND keeping my healthy habits in check. It’s a win, win!
Looking for more Athletic Brew recipes?
Here are a few to try:
Lastly, if you make this “Little Green Men” Beer Brownies recipe, be sure to leave a comment! Above all, I love to hear from ya’ll and do my best to respond to every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to snap a pic and tag me on Instagram! Looking through the photos of your dayyyummm good recreations is my favorite!
This post contains affiliate links that will not change your price but will share some commission.
- 1 can (12 ounces) All Out Stout Athletic Brew
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons espresso powder
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate bar, chopped
- 8-10 Reese's Peanut Butter Cups Milk Chocolate with Green Colored Cream
- ¼ cup purple M&Ms
- Candy eyes
- Add the beer to a small saucepan and boil until it reduces to 1/3 cup, about 20 minutes. Keep an eye on it to prevent boiling-over.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, and line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the oil and semi-sweet chocolate chips and microwave in 15 second intervals (stirring every 30 seconds) until melted and smooth. Stir in the sugar, vanilla, espresso powder and beer concentrate.
- In a separate small bowl whisk the eggs for 1 minutes until bubbly. Pour the whisked eggs into the chocolate beer mix.
- Add the salt, baking powder, flour and cocoa powder. Stir until just combined. Lastly, stir in the chopped dark chocolate.
- Evenly spread the mixture into the parchment-lined baking pan. Place the green Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, green-side up into the batter and sprinkle the M&Ms around.
- Bake for 28-30 minutes or until the brownies are just set. Remove from the oven and place the candy eyes into the green peanut butter cups. Let cool for 20 minutes before slicing.