This one-pot-wonder Honey Dijon Chicken & Rice Pilaf is a weeknight-meal game changer! Less dishes and more time to spend around the dinner table!
If you don’t yet know the full story behind my love affair with my Ninja Foodi, here it is: I bought one in 2019 in Madison, WI (on uber sale with 3 coupons!) so I could cook in my hotel room for Mat during the CrossFit Games. We had pulled pork tacos and juicy chicken thighs and all the things we love to eat at home, expect we were hundreds of miles away with daily turn-down service. WIN, WIN (WIN, WIN.. if you know what I mean because Mat won his 4th consecutive CrossFit Games Championship title!).
I’m here now with the newest Ninja Foodi, the DELUXE. It’s truly a one-pot-wonder. This Honey Dijon Chicken & Rice Pilaf dish requires only a handful of pantry ingredients and comes together in 30 minutes! Enjoy some time cooking for the ones you love!
A true one pot wonder.
This meal is made in the one pot of the Ninja Foodi using a few different cooking methods. Not only does it come together in record time but one pot means fewer dishes and a quicker cleanup. Who doesn’t love that? The cooking part is so rewarding because you’re left with a delicious meal to feed the family, it brings you together at the end of a long day. As much as I try to clean as I go, I’m still left with cleanup at the end of a meal. With this one, it’s a quick scrub of the cooking racks and swipe of the large pot and BOOM, done.
One pot, 3 cooking methods.
First, start with pressure cook. With the rice in bottom of the pot and the chicken resting above on the wire racks, set the pressure cooker to high for 5 minutes. You can place the chicken on the tray on aluminum foil or let the drippings from the chicken further season and flavor the rice, totally up to you!
Once the pressure cook is done, you’ll add the veggies on another wire rack and stack the chicken above. Set the Ninja Foodi to roast and cook the meal for about 15 minutes.
Lastly, switch the cooking method over to broil, basting and flipping the chicken with the honey dijon sauce until perfectly cooked and flavored.
Looking for more Ninja Foodi recipes? Here are a few to try:
Lastly, if you make this Honey Dijon Chicken & Rice Pilaf recipe, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a comment! Above all, I love to hear from ya’ll and do my best to respond to every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to snap a pic and tag me on Instagram! Looking through the photos of your dayyyummm good recreations is my favorite!
- 4 lbs ButcherBox chicken breast
- Salt, to taste
- Black ground pepper, to taste
- 1 box rice pilaf
- 2 cups green beans
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- Pinch cayenne
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place content of rice pilaf into the bowl of the Ninja Food deluxe (including package instructions, water + butter).
- On one rack of the deluxe reversible racks, place the chicken breast. Lower the rack into the pot above the pilaf. Put the pressure cook lid on the Ninja Foodi and set PRESSURE HI for 5 minutes. When the pressure cook is complete, quick release the pressure and carefully remove the lid.
- While the chicken and rice are pressure cooking, mix the remaining two tablespoons of olive oil with honey, dijon mustard and cayenne. Set aside.
- Using silicone hot gloves, remove rack from the pot. Rearrange the racks to move the chicken to the top.
- Toss the green beans with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and salt. Add the green beans to the lower rack. Lower the racks back into the pot, with the pilaf still below and close the crisping lid.
- Set the Foodi to ROAST at 450. Cook for 10-15 minutes until the internal temp of your chicken reaches 165°F. With five minutes remaining, open the lid and baste with the honey dijon.
- Set the Foodi to BROIL and cook another 5 minutes. Lift the lid again, turn the chicken over, baste and close the lid until the chicken has finished cooking.
- Using silicone hot gloves, remove the racks. Build your plate of rice pilaf, green beans and honey dijon chicken!