I’m warning you in advance, if you’re going to make this Baked Buffalo Chicken Dip, it’s highly addictive! You’ll find yourself in the glorious dip, eat, repeat cycle. Before you know it, you’re scraping the bottom and sides of the dish with crumbs between your fingers to get the last of it. It’s creamy, chunky, spicy and cheesy. Scooped onto lightly salted and crunchy pita chips, it’s the perfect combo!
Buffalo chicken is best.
This flavor combination is just the best. I really cannot think of another flavor that would work as well as buffalo chicken. Your closest comparison would be BBQ but I find it’s easier to go back bite after bite when it’s spicy and savory vs. sweet, which most BBQ sauces are. Like imagine this dip as Lemon Pepper or Honey Dijon? Those are pretty popular chicken recipe flavors in our house and just can’t imagine them working the same. You could serve these with cuts of celery and carrot sticks just like you’d get in a plastic basket at the local bar on $.20 wing night.
How to bake buffalo chicken dip.
I feel like I say this about a lot of recipes but this Baked Buffalo Chicken Dip is honestly SO easy to make. First, whip up the ricotta and cream cheese to blend together and make extra smooth and creamy. It takes the grittiness out of the ricotta cheese. Second, add the chicken and hot sauce. Next, move the mixture to a baking dish, top with more cheese and bake. You know it’s ready when it’s bubbling and resembles hot liquid lava. Lastly, top with some fresh and cooling topping and serve with a hearty pita chip.
Do your best not to eat the entire tray!
Looking for other dip-able snacks?
Here are a few to try:
Lastly, if you make this Baked Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a comment! Above all, I love to hear from ya’ll and do my best to respond to every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to snap a pic and tag me on Instagram! Looking through the photos of your dayyyummm good recreations is my favorite!
- 2 cups ricotta
- 1 (8 ounce) cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups leftover cooked chicken, shredded**
- 1 cup Franks Hot Buffalo Sauce, plus more for serving
- 1 cup mozzarella, divided
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced
- 2-3 tablespoons ranch dressing for serving
- Pita chips for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Place the ricotta in the bowl of food processor and blend for 1 minute, until smooth. Add the room temperature cream cheese and blend and additional minute. Empty the contents into a large mixing bowl.
- To ricotta mixture, add the shredded chicken, hot sauce and 1/2 cup of mozzarella. Mix until well combined.
- Pour the dip into a 9x13 baking dish. Top with the remaining 1/2 cup of mozzarella. Drizzle with extra hot sauce to taste.
- Bake for 35 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly for 10 minutes before serving.
- Top with sliced scallions and ranch dressing.
- Serve with pita chips and enjoy!
** I always use rotisserie chicken. I buy a rotisserie chicken the day before, skin it and shred the thighs and breast to make this SUPER simple.
Nutrition Information: Serves 10 / 267 cals / 20g F / 6g C /17g P (dip only, not including pita chips)