Turkey Taco Shishito Bowls w/ Siete Foods Tortillas are fast and flavorful! This has been a GO-TO recently. It’s perfect for meal prep. I’ve been making a big batch at the beginning of the week that way we have a quick throw-together option for lunch or late night dinners after a long day. It’s quick, filling and fueling!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 lb ButcherBox Ground Turkey (member deal only!)
- 1 Siete Taco Seasoning Packet
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 cups shishito peppers
- pinch flaky salt
- Cooked white rice, for serving
- 1 red chili pepper, sliced
- Cilantro, for serving
- Lime wedge, for serving
- Siete tortilla chips, for serving
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. When the oil shimmers, add the ground turkey, breaking it up from its packaged form. Cook without stirring for 3-4 minutes to form a crust. Begin to break up the ground in small bits. Add the Siete Taco Seasoning packet, cook for 1 minute. To the skillet, add 1/3 cup of water and cook for an additional 5 minutes until fully cooked and saucy.
- While the ground turkey cooks, heat an additional skillet over medium-high heat. Add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil. When the oil shimmers, add the shishito peppers. Cook for 5-7 minutes, tossing often, until charred. Season with flaky salt and set aside until ready to serve.
- To build your bowl, add cooked white rice and top with the Siete ground turkey, charred shishitos, chili pepper slices, cilantro, lime, and a side of Siete tortilla chips.