Once you start snacking, BEWARE! If my hand goes into a bowl of these Monster Mash Muddy Buddies, it’s like I’m possessed by the snack monster. I just can’t stop! Share this spooky snack with all your monster friends.
The grocery list.
- Chex Cereal – Try not to eat the whole box while you make this recipe! Chex Cereal is toooo easy to snack on.
- Dark chocolate chips (or bar) – Chips, chunks, bar, any chocolate you have on hand will work because you’re melting it.
- Dark chocolate peanut butter – Fix & Fogg is incredible, I could eat this stuff with a spoon!
- Vanilla extract – Adds a subtle vanilla flavor.
- Kosher salt – By this point, you know I add salt to all my recipes, even sweet ones because it enhances the flavors of the other ingredients.
- Powdered sugar – One of my favorite childhood snacks, Muddy Buddies have to be coated in powdered sugar!
- Reese’s pieces – To add some texture and some lovely Halloween colors!
Add the 7 cups of Chex Cereal to a gallon-sized ziploc bag. Set aside.
In a medium microwave-safe bowl add the dark chocolate chips. Microwave in 15 second intervals until the chocolate is melted and smooth. This will likely take about 1 minute in total. If you don’t have a microwave, melt the chocolate on the stove. Put the dark chocolate in a small saucepan on low heat on the stove and stir until the chocolate is completely melted.
Once the chocolate is fully melted, add the peanut butter. Mix until fully combined. Add the vanilla extract and kosher salt and mix to combine.
Now, you’ll combine the chocolate mixture and Chex Cereal. This could get messy, so take it slow!
Pour the melted chocolate and peanut butter mixture into the ziploc bag that has the Chex Cereal in it. Seal it TIGHTLY and toss the bag gently until the cereal is fully coated in the chocolate mixture. Open the bag and add the powdered sugar. Seal the bag TIGHTLY again and toss gently again until the cereal is fully coated.
Pour the muddy buddy mixture into a bowl and add the Reese’s Pieces. Toss and serve these Monster Mash Muddy Buddies to all your spooky friends, and do the monster mash!
Looking for more snacks?
Here are a few to try:
Lastly, if you make this Monster Mash Muddy Buddy recipe, be sure to leave a comment! Above all, I love to hear from ya’ll and do my best to respond to every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to snap a pic and tag me on Instagram! Looking through the photos of your dayyyummm good recreations is my favorite!
This post contains affiliate links that will not change your price but will share some commission.
- Add the chex cereal to a large gallon sized ziplock bag, set aside.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl add the dark chocolate chips. Microwave in 15 seconds intervals until melted and smooth, about 1 minute. Once fully melted, add the peanut butter. Mix until fully combined. Lastly, add the vanilla extract and kosher salt.
- Pour the melted chocolate and peanut butter mixture to the zip lock. Seal and toss the bag until the cereal is fully coated. Next, add the powdered sugar to the bag, seal and toss again until the cereal is fully coated.
- Pour the muddy buddy mixture into a bowl and add the reese’s pieces. Toss and serve.