A sweet heat saucy wing dipped in a cool zesty citrus yogurt dipping sauce. What else would you like from a plate of wings?!
- 3 pounds ButcherBox Party Wings
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Pinch cayenne
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup tamari (or soy sauce)
- 3 tablespoons Mike’s hot honey, divided
- 1 tablespoon ginger juice
- 2 teaspoon garlic, grated
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped plus more for garnish
- Fresno chili, sliced
- Lay the wings on a wire rack above a baking sheet, pat dry with a pepper towel.
- In a small bowl, mix the salt, smoked paprika, cumin, garlic powder, and cayenne. Sprinkle the wings with the spice mix.
- Working in two batches, set the air fryer to 400°F. Cook for 20 minutes. Remove the first batch, place on a baking sheet, and set in the oven to keep warm while the second batch cooks.
- While the wings are cooking, prepare the sauce. In a medium saucepan whisk the pineapple, ketchup, tamari, 2 tablespoons of honey, ginger juice, garlic, red wine vinegar, and red pepper flakes. Bring the sauce to a boil, reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 10-12 minutes until the sauce thickens and has reduced by half.
- When the second batch of wings have finished cooking, toss all the wings with the sauce and return all to the Airfry basket. Cook the sauced wings for an additional 5 minutes to caramelize.
- In a small bowl, whisk the yogurt, remaining tablespoon of hot honey, lemon juice, and cilantro.
- Serve the wings topped with additional cilantro, chilies, and the zesty citrus yogurt dipping sauce.
If you do not have an Air Fryer you can absolutely make these in the oven. Pat the wings dry with a paper towel, do not skip this step if you want crispy skins. When you season the wings also add 2 teaspoons of baking powder. Place the wings on a baking rack over a baking sheet to make sure the hot air is circulating around the wings for an even cook and crisp. Bake at 425°F for 40-50 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F and always sauce after you bake for the best crisp.