- 7 cups russet potatoes, shredded
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 whole large eggs
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup sweet corn
- 1/4 cup scallions, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 oz swiss cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup mini heirloom tomatoes, halved
- Soak the shredded potatoes in a large bowl of water for 30-40 minutes. Drain and squeeze as much excess water out as you can using a clean dish towel. Toss the dried potatoes with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Strain the potatoes in the dish towel of excess water one more time after salting. Lastly, toss the potatoes with the cheddar cheese.
- Grease a 9” springform pan with the olive oil, brushing it up the sides and covering every inch of the surface. Press the shredded potatoes into the bottom of the pan. Work the potatoes up the sides of the pan, about halfway, packing them in tightly to prevent leaks. Place the prepared pan in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 425°F. Remove the pan from the freezer and place it in the preheated oven. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and allow it to cool slightly, about 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, zucchini, sweet corn, scallions and salt. Pour the egg mixture into the center of the hash browns. Sprinkle with the shredded Swiss cheese and place the tomato halves on top.
- Bake at 425°F for 30-40 minutes or until the eggs are set.