- 1 lb ground pork
- 2 tsp hoisin
- 1 tsp white wine
- 1 tsp dark soy
- 1/2 tsp five spice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pint Shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tbsps shallots, minced
- 4 ramen cakes, seasoning pack discarded
- 3 tbsp soy
- 2 tbsp sesame paste (2 tbsp tahini + 2 tsp sesame oil)
- 1 tbsp white wine
- 2 tsp dark soy
- 1/4 tsp five spice
- 1/4 cup chili oil crunch
- 1/4 cup reserved water from noodles
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the ground pork. When little pink remains, add the hoisin, white wine, dark soy + five spice. Stir to combine and cook an additional 2-4 minutes until fully cooked. Remove the meat from pan.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, cook ramen to package instructions (without seasoning packet). Strain the water and reserve 1/4 cup for the sauce. Set the noodles aside.
- To the skillet where the pork was cooked add olive oil, cook the shiitake mushrooms over medium-high heat about 5 minutes until lightly browned. Add the ginger and shallots and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. In a small bowl, whisk together the sauce ingredients, add the sauce to the mushrooms, cook on low heat for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add noodles into the skillet. Top with meat and scallions, toss to combine.