- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 3 lines, juiced and zested
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 2 Tbsp chili Pwd
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 whole chicken, spatchcocked
- Spatchcock the chicken by cutting out the spine.
- Place all marinade ingredients into a blender or food processor. Blitz for :30-:40 until well combined.
- In a large mixing bowl, tuck the chicken and pour the marinade over. Cover and place in the fridge for 30 minutes or ideally overnight.
- When ready to cook, set @traegergrills to 450°F**.
- Place the bird cut-side down directly on the grill. Cook until the internal temperature reaches 165. About 60-75 minutes, depending on the size of bird.
- Remove from grill, rest 10 mins before slicing and serving.
**If roasting in the oven, temps remain the same. Place the bird cut-side down on a wire rack above a foil-lined baking sheet.