- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup quick cook oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch kosher salt
- 2 brown bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon sugar in the raw, for sprinkling
- 2 brown bananas, sliced
- 1-2 tablespoons salted butter
- maple syrup, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl mix the oats, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the mashed bananas, eggs, almond milk, maple syrup and vanilla.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry. Pour batter into a parchment lined 8x8 baking dish. Sprinkle the top of the bake with coarse sugar. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- When there is 10 minutes left in the bake, prepare the caramelized bananas.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and melt the butter. Add the sliced bananas and fry 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown and soft. Set aside.
- Remove the bake from the oven, sprinkle with a pinch of flakey salt. Let cool for 5 minutes to set before slicing.
- Top the bake with caramelized bananas (and the sweet butter in the pan!) and serve with additional drizzle of maple syrup to taste.
Nutrition Information: (not including toppings) serves 12 / 122 cals / 2g F / 24g C / 3g P