- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound ButcherBox ground beef
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup tamari (or soy sauce)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- sliced green onions and sesame seeds for serving
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. When the oil shimmers, at the ground beef and cook until no pink remains, about 7-10 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook an additional 2 minutes, stirring often to fully incorporate.
- In a small bowl mix the maple syrup, tamari, sesame oil, ginger, red pepper flakes and pepper. Pour the sauce over the ground beef in skillet and simmer 1-2 mins until the beef is fully coated. Remove the pan from the heat and set aside until ready to assemble.
- In a separate small skillet, heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil over med heat. Crack the eggs into pan and cook until desired doneness (I suggest a fried sunny-side and oozy yolk!).
- To assemble your bowl add the cooked white rice as your base, top with the sauced beef and fried egg. Sprinkle with sliced green onions & sesame seeds.