Shrimp Spring Rolls + Spicy Peanut Sauce
- 4 ounces Vermicelli Rice Noodles
- 10 jumbo shrimp
- 10 round rice paper wrappers
- 1/2 cup English cucumber, sliced lengthwise
- 1/2 cup mango, sliced lengthwise
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons Trader Joe's Chili Onion Crunch
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- Bring two medium pots of water to a boil. To one pot, add the rice noodles and cook to package instructions, about 4-6 minutes. Drain the cooked noodles into a colander, rinse with cold water and refrigerate until ready to use.
- In the other pot of boiling water, add the shrimp. Cook for 1-2 minutes until the shrimp is pink and cooked through. Remove the shrimp from the water, place in a glass bowl and refrigerate to cool, about 20 minutes. Once cooled, remove the shells and tail if still attached. Cut the shrimp in half lengthwise and set aside.
- Fill a shallow dish, like a pie plate, with cold water. Set a damp paper towel on a cutting board near the bowl. Dip one piece of rice paper into the eater for about 20 seconds. Remove the sheet, shake off excess water and lay th sheet flat on the paper towel.
- Assemble your roll. On the bottom third of the rice paper, lay 3 tablespoons of noodles, 1 tablespoon of cucumbers and 1 tablespoon of mango. Roll the paper into a cylinder, about halfway. Fold the sides in like an envelope. Next lay a few cilantro and mint leaves along the crease. Top the herbs with the shrimp halves, cut side down. Continue to roll a tight cylinder to seal. Repeat with the remaining wrappers and rest each seam side down.
- In a small bowl, whisk the hoisin, chili onion crunch, peanut butter and rice vinegar. Serve the spring rolls immediately with the spicy peanut dipping sauce.
Share this post
Back to Recipes
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.