New Mexico Enchiladas (4x3)
2 tbsp olive oil, divided
8 corn street taco tortillas
2 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded
1 cup enchilada sauce, divided
1 cup Mexican blend cheese, shredded
6 @peteandgerrys eggs, fried
Cotija cheese, cilantro, avocado, jalapenos, lime wedge for garnish
- Set the oven on HIGH broil. Heat 1 tsp of oil at a time in a medium skillet over high heat. Fry corn tortillas one at a time for 2 minutes on each side until golden. Set aside on a baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, mix chicken and 1/2 cup enchilada sauce. Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed.
- To assemble, lay one corn tortilla down on the baking sheet, layer with cheese, chicken and spoon a tbsp of enchilada sauce over. Repeat to make a stack of four tortillas. With the final tortilla, cover the top with an additional sprinkle of cheese and drizzle of sauce. Set into the oven on the center rack and broil 5-7 minutes, watching closely, until the cheese is melted and bubbling. Top each stack with 3 fried Pete & Gerry's eggs, cotija cheese, cilantro, jalapeños and a squeeze of lime.
Share this post
Back to Recipes
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.