Eggnog Gooey Butter Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup eggnog
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Powdered sugar for rolling
- In a large bowl cream the butter and cream cheese with the granulated sugar. Add the egg, eggnog and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to the wet and stir with a wooden spoon until combine.
- Chill the dough for 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside. Add the powdered sugar to a shallow dish and set aside.
- Roll the cookie dough into small 1-2 tablespoon sized balls. Toss the cookie balls in the powdered sugar to coat.
- Bake for 10-12 mins. Cool ON the cookie sheet for 15 mins (don’t touch!).
- Move the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
Share this post
Back to Recipes
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.