Crispy Chicken Thighs with Balsamic Red Onions and Roasted Grapes
- 5 ButcherBox Chicken Thighs, about 2 pounds
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 large red onion, thick sliced
- 2 cups red grapes, stem on
- kosher salt to taste
- Roasted asparagus for serving
- Preheat the Traeger Grill to 425°F.
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel and season the chicken with thyme, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat the butter in a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. When the butter gets foamy and fragrant, add the chicken to the skillet, skin-side down. Cook without moving the chicken around for 3-5 minutes. Reduce the heat slightly to medium. Flip and brown on the other side for about 3 minutes. Remove the chicken from the skillet, set on a plate to the side.
- Into the hot skillet, stir the balsamic and honey using a wooden spoon to pick up all the browned bits from the chicken. Add the thick slices of red onion, stir to coat. Cook the red onion until lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Return the chicken to the skillet, placing the chicken on top of the red onions, crispy skin up. Transfer the skillet to the hot Traeger Grill uncovered. Cook for 10-15 minutes. Add the grapes to the skillet and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F.
- Serve the chicken with pan sauce drizzled over the top alongside the caramelized onions, roasted grapes and a side veggie like roasted asparagus.
This post contains affiliate links that will not change your price but will share some commission.