Cherry & Chocolate Icebox Cake
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1 can (15 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 chocolate bar, cut into thin shards
- 1-2 sleeves graham crackers
- 14 ounce bing cherries, pitted and chopped (juice reserved)
- 1 box @kodiakcakes chocolate bear bites
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Line a square 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Pour 2 1/3 cups of heavy whipping cream into the bowl of a stand mixer with the whisk attachment. Set the mixer to heat and beat the cream for 3-4 minutes until light and fluffy. Add the can of sweetened condensed milk, beat for an additional minute to combine. Remove the bowl from the stand and gently fold the shards of chocolate into the cream.
- Create the base layer of the cake with the large rectangles and squares of graham crackers. Cover the fire layer with 1/3 of the cream mixture. Top with 1/3 of the chopped cherries. For the next two layers, use the chocolate graham cracker bear bites. Layer cracker, cream and cherries. After the last third of the cream and cherries have been laid down, create a final top layer with the rectangle and square graham crackers. Chill in the freezer for 2 hours.
- While the cake chills, pour the cherry juice into a small saucepan. Simmer for 5-7 minutes until slightly reduced and thick. Set aside to slightly cool.
- After two hours, remove the cake from the freezer. In a microwave safe dish heat the remaining 2/3 cups of heavy whipping cream in 20 second intervals until hot, about 1 1/2 minutes total. Add the semi-sweet chocolate chips to the hot bowl and let them sit for 2 minutes. Begin to mix the chocolate and cream together until melted and smooth. Pour the chocolate over the icebox cake, reserving 1/4 cup to drizzle on top.
- Drizzle the top of the cake with the reduced cherry juice and remaining chocolate. Chill in the freezer for an additional 2 hours to set.
- When ready to serve, pull the cake from the freezer 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Share this post
Back to Recipes
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.